How can I transfer memos to a computer?
File Sharing is the recommended way to transfer memos to a computer, unless you have activated iCloud in Audio Memos (in this case you will find your memos in iCloud Drive on your computer).
If you are using macOS Catalina or later:
- On your computer, open a Finder window.
- Connect your iOS device to your computer using a USB cable.
- Select your iOS device in the left part of the Finder window.
- Click the Files tab.
- Click the triangle next to "Audio Memos".
- Drag and drop files from the list under "Audio Memos".
If you are not using macOS Catalina or later, the memos will appear in the "File Sharing" section in iTunes. Here is how to use the "File Sharing" section:
- Open iTunes.
- Plugin your device.
- If the page for your device does not open automatically, check the buttons located on the top of the screen. In the latest version of iTunes, the button to select your device is the last one on the left under the playback controls.
On older versions of iTunes, look under the search box. If you see a "Library" button, press it. Then, if you see a "Devices" button, press it. Then click on your device.
On even older version of iTunes, these buttons will not appear. Instead select your device in the "Device" list displayed on the left.
- Select "File Sharing" in the left sidebar. If you do not see it (you are using an older version of iTunes), select the "Apps" tab and scroll to the bottom of the page (there are two lists of app on that page, make sure to scroll to the second one).
- In the "File Sharing" section choose "Audio Memos".
- The memos will appear in the "Documents" section.
- Select some memos and press the "Save to..." button.
If you activated the setting called "Higher data protection" in Audio Memos, make sure your device stays unlocked (with the screen on) during the transfer. See this page for more details on how to use "File Sharing": https://support.apple.com/kb/HT4094.
You can also transfer memos to a computer via a local wireless network. See this page for details: https://imesart.com/connect_to_iphone_error.php.