How can I transfer files to / from USB Disk?
USB file transfers with iTunes is the fastest way to transfer files. If you are using USB Disk Pro you can also transfer files wirelessly (see questions bellow). Here is how to use the "File Sharing" section in iTunes:
- Open iTunes.
- Plugin your iPhone / iPad / iPod.
- If the page for your device does not open automatically, check the buttons located on the top of the screen. In the latest version of iTunes, the button to select your device is the last one on the left under the playback controls.
On older versions of iTunes, look under the search box. If you see a "Library" button, press it. Then, if you see a "Devices" button, press it. Then click on your device.
On even older version of iTunes, these buttons will not appear. Instead select your device in the "Device" list displayed on the left.
- Select "File Sharing" in the left sidebar. If you do not see it (you are using an older version of iTunes), select the "Apps" tab and scroll to the bottom of the page (there are two lists of app on that page, make sure to scroll to the second one).
- In the "File Sharing" section choose "USB Disk".
- You can now use the "Add..." and "Save to..." buttons to transfer files to and from USB Disk.
- Alternatively you can drag and drop files on and from the "Documents" list